Monday, June 27, 2011

Universal balance

Today sucked, no other way to describe it but SUCKED!

On my way home from teaching a triple ........ yeah Pilates... whoo hoo cough...cough choke
I had a realization that did my heart a little good, even though my day sucked there were little glimpses of a silver lining.
I had a member show up to my Pilates class at 1:00 in a unitard, I think it is a unitard. It is one of those full sleeved dance body suit the snaps together in the crotch and to top it off the body suit was paired with a lovely pair of ballet slippers. It made me smile.

The second sliver lining, driving home from teaching tonight stuck in un
embouteillage ( traffic jam) wonder what was going on! all around us was chaos, sirens going, lights flashing and military with machine guns out. As the traffic jam moved closer to an up coming bridge the story started to unfold ( Mom and Dad S, I am guessing you know where this is going). A huge truck got stuck under the bridge, it actually looked like they gunned it in hopes that the speed would help them under. This truck was some kind of wedged! The truck was wedge at an angle covering both lanes on two wheels ( the two right side wheels). Seeing as we have no tow trucks here I wonder how they will get it out.
Anyhoo, it gave me a great laugh! Shit happens!

** Disclaimer, I am not knocking Pilates at all! I just never thought I would be teaching it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your sucky day, I see your french is coming along. So their really are stupid drivers all over the world :)

Evan and Mel said...

Anita,
You have not seen sucky driving until you come to Kinshasa. Just imagine, a packed city with cars every where, no rules or rules that change all the time, no stop signs or lights. You never quite know what you will encounter on the road!
It makes me laugh.

Miss you my friend, so much!