Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strange

Adapting to a new country, way of life and all that goes with it is so hard! I don't really want to talk about culture shock right now but funny story about adapting.

Yesterday afternoon I was in the car with my chauffeur, I was on my way to work and running a little late. Now traffic is crazy at the best of times, actually insane might be a better way to describe it! There are no traffic lights or stop signs, the rule of thumb here is if your bumper is first you have the right of way ( hypothetically)! So picture this, maxed out taxi ( squished to the brim and people holding on outside), motorcycles, cars that are driven by chauffeurs, personal drivers and huge trucks carrying goods often with people holding on the top as well as people just running out to the road crossing, you see this everywhere ( no joke)!
So driving to town with Edo and he was trying to pass some slower moving cars in a line well I was looking forward from the front passenger seat and could clearly seen the on coming truck! This truck was closing in fast..........................my first reaction ( no joke)............ NOTHING ! ! ! !
Completely calm, no reaction! Now that is called adapting to your surroundings!

No comments: