Wednesday, June 1, 2011

STARBUCKS.................... where are you?

News flash................. I am missing me some Starbucks ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
We all have comfort food........... right............right? Okay, I have comfort food the biggest problem with comfort food is when you can't find it! ARGH! ! ! ! ! ! !

I can't get Starbucks out here, I actually haven't had a coffee since............... I can't remember actually! Wait Saturday afternoon before we left for Kinshasa, on my way home from Airdrie with Lori............ it was GOOD ! It is amazing what I took for granted before. Maybe it was what coffee represented, often was enjoyed with friends over GREAT conversation or just sitting in comfortable silence.

Ms Vicki's Chips, oh where did you go????????????????????? SOB, I miss your crunch, the intense flavor and the great TV shows or movie night that accompanied you!

My little secret and sinful snack - cheezies ( Is that how you spell it?) Oh my! I have found Cheezies here but they are not the same, maybe if I keep eating them they will grow on me..... fingers crossed!

Last but DEFINITELY not least wine or a ice cold Smirnoff Ice! Give me a second to wipe off the drool.................... yum!

I am 100% A FOODIE, not ashamed of it at all. It is hard not being accustomed to the food out here, it is definitely different. Hoping that I will be able to find some good substitutes for some of my favs really soon. Here is a little tid-bit of information for you, the price of a bag of Lay's Chips out here is $7 US, glup a little hard to swallow but it doesn't mean I don't buy them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,
I'm so glad I happened to see your blog address on facebook, I'm really enjoying reading it.
Sounds like your going through some adjusting...I know everyone says this but it will get better.
We spent a month with my husbands parents this spring, they are living in Zambia. I don't feel like we had to adjust too much since it was such a short time, but his parents have been living there for a year and a half and they are total locals now.
It's great to "catch up" with what your doing, and I look forward to your future posts!

Norma Stahl-Bumstead

Rachel Amariah said...

I soooo remember how exciting it was to get familiar goodies from home when we were in China...it's amazing how comforting they can be:) That first bag of real cheese tacos after a year was so heavenly...(oh sorry, that probably doesn't help) I hope you find a few good substitutes for now. We're really enjoying your posts Mel! keep writing! love, the Funks