Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Transplanting and Chickens

For the last couple weeks my kids have been asking for a pet, they want anything exotic. So we talked about a Monkey, Lizard.......etc and then we came up with an awesome idea. We are going to get chickens, I know they are not exotic but the kids are excited and we get fresh eggs and meat from the deal.... WOOT !
We will still be getting another pet for the kids, we are going to look into getting a Bonobo Chimp but I doubt that will be happening anytime before spring.

So this weekend we started the task of building a chicken coop, there was already a coop in Evans parent yard but we had to tear it down and pretty much start again. There also were a couple trees growing in the coop so we transplanted a young avocado and mango tree from there yard into our yard. Evan and I will be finishing the chicken coop this weekend and then we will get the chickens on Monday.

Pictures make everything look cooler, here ya go!
Evan and the kids moving the avocado tree


Squeezing mangoes for compost

starting the Chicken coop
I don't know who trusted me with that thing....... but I am glad they did!

Evan and I will be finishing the coop this weekend so I will post more pics when it is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MEL!!!
So, how is it possible that you just moved away...and FAR away and I only find out about it randomly from someone else that came across your blog? I spent the last hour and a bit reading everything you've written and I can hardly believe you're actually out there on the other end of the world. I'm sort of ticked off that you didn't call to let us know!! :) I've been thinking of you OFTEN in the past few months and missing you so much. I'm glad things are getting better out there. But, I can imagine it would be incredibly hard. I'm glad you have the added support of your in-laws, though. I'd love to email you instead of only comments on here so, maybe you could post your email address. Love you guys. I'm so glad for you and hope things keep getting better and better.
Alicia