Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sun, songs and sweat!

This is going to be a miscellaneous post but everything and nothing at the same time!

I was teaching Pilates this afternoon and I had my Ipod on Shuffle, I am not the biggest Nickleback fan but I do have some of their songs. The song "If today was your last day" came on and I have heard the song so many times but a couple lines really hit me. Right in the middle of Pilates it is almost like a light switch came on.

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind....................................

This isn't going to make anything better and being realistic I know that I am not going to instantly be happy but it made me actually stop and think for a minute.
Each day's a gift but not a given right..............
Enough said! I need to make sure that I pick out one positive thing about each day and I will be starting to enforce that with my kids as well. Even if the day really sucks and as hard as it might be to find a positive at the moment I need to try!
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind...................................
100% percent honesty, I have a lot of fears. Some really big and some small, but all fears in the end! Time to start thinking day by day and not worrying about anything further then the day we are on.

On a completely different note we had SUNSHINE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Whoo hoo!
It wasn't incredibly warm but who cares it was sunny. The kids were so excited they begged me to hauled out the sprinkler and they played in it this afternoon.
As soon as we had sunshine the kids love it when I sing a song from the movie Corrina Corrina.
Sunglasses,ya we've got some sunglasses
cause sunglasses protect our eyes from the sun.
Okay, I admit it I like the song as well! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mel...picking out one positive in a day is sometimes completely necessary for sanity. It helps me remember that life is actually really good. Even if it's something little like a smile from one of my girls or my little boy's morning breath on my face (not a smell everyone would enjoy :)) or the fact that I can see a nice little pansy growing in my needing-to-be-mowed lawn. I hope you can find the beauty in the days. HORRAY for sun for you!! :)
Alicia

Anonymous said...

OH yeah that's my girl!! I'm so proud of you!!