Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rant

I know I have done a lot of complaining lately and I have been holding back on the blog…. Sorry guys! This post I will not be complaining but ranting, there is a very distinct difference. :)

I have been feeling rather down on myself and the rate I am learning French, I am really trying. I take lessons 3 times a week and try and speak what I know when I feel comfortable enough to and for the most part I let the laughter that follows my sentence roll off my back. It is all part of the learning process, right?

I went into French lessons this afternoon feeling like I haven’t learnt anything substantial so I asked my French teacher if we could review from the beginning and work our way over everything I have learn up into this part. Well it is impossible to concentrate when I have 2 children constantly asking for my help to for me to get things for them….grrrrrrr!

I was feeling like the lesson was going downhill at that point but I really hit rock bottom when my French teacher looked at me shook his head say “oh Mel, you should know this.” I felt like a huge failure and all I want to do is be able to have a conversation, that’s it!

There are times during French lessons that all I can think about is screaming, my brain is so full and jumbled that processing becomes impossible.

On to my kids, why do we pay money for a nanny when she can’t even keep the kids out of my hair for French lessons? 2 hours tops! I am fighting a personal crossroad with her, I want to keep her because she knows English and to find someone in the position that wants to be a nanny and knows both French and English is hard to find. All she does is watch tv and then on the days I am not working and doing lessons at home my kids come and bug me for everything under the sun! I am pretty much paying her to sit around and eat my food, good times for her!

What a bloody frustrating day!

Okay, I am now done ranting! On a positive note we stood on Canadian soil today! Who hoo! Yup, we went to the Canadian embassy to register and they have actual Canadian soil on the ground.... okay not that exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, you stop letting that nanny get away with that, she needs to earn your hard earned money.

Anonymous said...

See, you should have listened to me!! You should have told them you would only move out there if they paid for Brad and I to come out, then you would of had a GREAT nanny. Okay okay, i will stop saying how wonderful i am (even though you know it is true) ;)

I am sorry you have to go through this, but like Anita said don't let her get away with that. Tell her your expectations and that you are paying to do a job. Maybe a threat would help?

On another note, i must admit it does make me a little bit happy that she isn't doing a good job.. maybe than the kids won't forget little ol me!

Love you Mel, you will get through it! Just think, in a year from now you will be looking back on these blogs and laughing!!

Kellie