Monday, July 25, 2011

So I went to the doctor this afternoon, the pain got to the point that I couldn't sit properly and the swelling is making my thigh really tight.
No one speaks English at our hospital so Evan came along with me to interpret for both parties.

Well I was NOT prepared for what I was going to encounter at the hospital, that doctor was impersonal and very MEAN !
So laying on my stomach on the examing table and Evan says "He is going to squeeze it"! No warning, no asking, just squeezing!
SO there I am with tears streaming down my face, writhing on the table and does it pop...... NOPE! He used 4 fingers to try and squeeze it..... not 2 ..... 4!
I knew it wouldn't, the skin is super tight like it wants to pop in a horrible way but it doesn't.It only causes excruciating pain. Now my leg is even more irritated and swollen, walking is almost unbearable. It is a nasty infection that has already started to damage the tissue around it.
Plan of action, I have been given 2 different kinds of antibiotics, anti- inflammatory and cream. Tomorrow morning I need to go in and give blood and urine ( because that is what they do out here), also to check for any venom ( if it was caused by a bite) in my system. Tomorrow the doctor is also going to probably try and squeeze it again ( I hope not) and he will be dressing it. I will be seeing him EVERY morning until it is healed.
They really cover all the basis out here!

So that is my update, hopefully something a little more interesting to come soon!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Ouch. I hope that the swelling has gone down and that they can figure out what caused it soon. Sending prayers for healing.