Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chronicles of "Fred" the raging infection

"Fred" is apparently loving his new home on my leg and not getting the drift that it is time for him to LEAVE! Day 6 of this infection, 2nd day on antibiotics and 2nd day of having it squeezed and poked. JOY !
Here is the run down on what has been happening with pics.

Monday afternoon, Evan took me to a little clinic that we have right near our house for all the GBE workers. She looked at my leg and immediately said I needed to go to the hospital for prescription medication.
I then went to CMM ( our hospital) and was seen by the doctor. Full recap on Monday is in the previous blog post, I will let you read that one on your own.
Monday morning, doesn't look bad in the picture but it really is!

Today I had to go back in, I will be going in every morning to be seen and treated until the infection clears up. I also needed to get blood drawn for tests. I had the typical blood drawn in the arm, and then I also had blood taken from my ear ( 2 pricks)! I have never had that before, very strange. It was to test how quickly my blood clots!
After blood work it was off to the see the doctor, well he proceeded to squeeze as hard as he could while I again writhed on the table screaming profanities in my head!
Then I was sent to another doctor in another area of the hospital where he cleaned it and squeezed it also. He cleaned it again and then dressed it. It was so tender and swollen at this point that it was incredibly painful just to have gauze touching it!
Tuesday after returning from the hospital

Tried to take it easy today but ended up building a fort, baking cookies and pushing the kids on the swings on 2 different occasions! Hmmmm, taking it easy didn't compute apparently.
I am not allowed to remove the gauze, the doctor will be doing it tomorrow morning. I am hoping for when he squeezes it again ( because we all know it is going to happen) a huge amount of puss will hit him in the eye....... awesome! Evan is hoping that I have something cool in my leg like a BOT fly, and I have to agree that would be frickin' awesome!

2 comments:

Charis said...

If it's a Bot fly you can entice it out by putting meat on it. Bacon works REALLY well but any meat will do the trick.

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like something is in there......I have to admit even though it kinda grosses me out, it would be pretty cool.