Thursday, July 7, 2011

scrambled

What a huge stretch it has been for the kids to have a french nanny for me, but aside from that she is AMAZING ! ! ! ! ! !
Right now the kids and Nene are playing at a huge play center in Kinshasa will blow up castles and stuff like that. Why is it a stretch? Nene doesn't speak any English......... at all! I need to be able to tell her information which has drastically forced me to dig deep inside and pull any french out that I can remember! I was explaining to her where we leave money for her in case she wants to take the kids out and she stood there and LAUGHED at me........ she got the point but busted a gut at the same time!
It has shocked me because I seem to know a little more then I thought but it ALWAYS sound better in my head the out of my mouth! In order to get this communication down I just upped my french lessons by 2 more hours a week, let hope it pays off!

When speaking a new language I find myself making LOTS of mistakes, yesterday I told Nene the kids could play pretty...... who knew!
Today, I told Julee my french tutor that I go to work on paper and that I am a difficult friend. Apparently I am learning a whole new side to myself! :)

I just finished 3 1/2 hours of solid french lessons, my brain is shot but I have Pink cranked so all balances out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have been a little bit of a difficult friend. :) Thanks for sharing your funny stories. It probably helps to laugh at them. I'm SO glad for you guys that Nene is working out. I agree that love is the most important. If she loves them, they're going to thrive. Even if they can't communicate completely comfortably. They'll be speaking french before you know it.
Alicia

Evan and Mel said...

So funny Alicia :)
You definitely have to be able to laugh at yourself when learning a new language.
We are loving Nene, hopefully everything works out for the long run it would really take a lot of stress of me.

How are you and your family?