Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Chronicles continue

I am having a really hard time putting words down on properly with what unfolded at the hospital this morning.
This morning the puss was going to be squeezed out of the infection site, it was discovered that is can't be squeezed ( anonymous commenter on the last post...... sorry no squeezing was possibly). This morning the doctor cleaned out my infection by scraping the puss out with tweezers and a thin piece of gauze as well as cleaned the inside of you hole.. The hole goes about 1.5 inches down and is really wide. This was done without any pain medication at all, it was unbelievably painful I cried, screamed and bite Evan's hand ( sorry Evan).
I will maybe post more and maybe add pictures in a couple days, I am pretty traumatized..... the pain was unbelievable! I still feel sick to my stomach when I think about it!

Hopefully I am on the road to recovery, not sure I will be able to return to the hospital tomorrow but I might just start cleaning and wrapping it myself at home from this point.

5 comments:

Elishema said...

OOOUUUUCCCCHHHH is all I have to say. My stomach turned just reading it, thanks. Kind of makes me think to last week when Teagan ripped his tooth right out, but left the gum ripped and attached to the front of the tooth. I don't deal well with the painful situations and I didn't even have to feel the pain of either of these. Hopefully the worst of it is over for you.

Charis said...

Sorry you had to go thru that! Any word on what may have caused this?

Charis said...

Btw, I used Evan to get me thru medical junk too. He's pretty good at being the rock, isnt he? He had scars from me for years that he never held against me and he loves you more than me so I think you're ok on that end. :)

john vogt said...

I am sorry you are having to go through such a horrible ordeal both from the bite and the treatment.
Seems to me that the medical staff need to take courses in client service.
Unfortunately I took a university course many eons ago and seeing this brought memories back. I am very concerned for your health Mel.
And even though you hate the thought of any further treatments at "Dr Frankenstein Hospital" I dont think you should be self treating that leg.

Dad

Anonymous said...

are you OK Mel?
I am praying for you and have been since reading your blog yesterday.
Please write again when you are feeling up to it...
Miriam