Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Answers

Sometimes it takes snapping to realize how certain situations in our lives and not working. I snapped today.......... WOW!
We pay a nanny to take care of our kids, to show them love and have fun in our absence. I had french lessons this afternoon outside on our patio. When it was just about over I could hear Micah crying in the kitchen, I waited it out until my lessons were over and then walked inside to find our nanny sitting on the couch watch TV! I went into the kitchen and found Micah so upset because she was having trouble making a Nutella sandwich. Where was the nanny??????? Oh ya watching TV!
I made Micah's sandwich and dried her tears but it was the last straw. I walked into the living room and LOST IT........ yelling at the top of my lungs for the TV to be turned off. The remote was right beside her and she didn't move.
In the last month she has not made my kids a snack once, Emmanuel had made Micah her snacks and that is not right! There are so many more issues but I am not going to get into them so I like to think my "snapping" was warranted.

Evan and I just got off the phone with his parents and we have decided that the nanny will be fired tomorrow morning. We have another nanny lined up, she is our housekeeper and she LOVES the kids. The only down fall is she doesn't know English but our head guard does so if there is a huge problem he can translate. I am super pumped by how fast the kids will learn french with her around and it will push me to learn faster.............. not like I am not trying! :)

This is a huge but great step!
On a completely different note Saturday night we had the privilege of playing soccer with one of the guards. You could tell at first that they were unsure of what to think about playing and the one guard that agreed to play was very careful around us. Not to kick to hard or throw his body into it. 1/2 hour in and all walls were down, he ran us hard............. seriously danced circles around us! SO MUCH FUN !

2 comments:

Mom said...

It sounds like you made a great choice. Beyond the spoken language barrier is the language of love. it speaks louder than words. I believe U have made a choice that will be much better for your children and yourselves. I'm proud of you! I marvel at your strength! Love you

Anonymous said...

Wow......I agree with Mom! Great choice Mel!!