Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little tid-bits of info


Now that I have shown you our house and backyard as well as documented our flight out here it is time to get to talking about our day and little tid-bits of information that I can share with you.
My kids were on a lizard hunt this morning, we have seen so many different colors of lizards and last night we saw one with an orange head and tail and black body. It was so incredible, trying our best to find another one to take a picture. One of my closest friends back home LOVES lizards so Micah thinks that we can just catch one and send it to her in a box. Unfortunately we will have to show you pictures. The quest continues for the elusive black and orange lizard. On the lizard front, Micah "found" a gecko in her bedroom last night and we have been searching the house for this little gecko................. I found it this evening but not for long! They are pretty fast, search continues tomorrow I guess.
What can I tell you about today,Jet leg has been hitting really hard, last night we went to be at 5:00 am and woke up ( by alarm ) at 10:40 am. The kids only fell asleep at 3:30 ish am so we have all been pretty bagged here plus the humidity was high today with also saps all energy.

I cooked my very first meal since arriving in Kinshasa, a form of a stew. Can't say it was all that great........... okay it was not good at all, really salty! I didn't even put in that much salt!
This is Evan's Mom and Dads kitchen, our stove doesn't work yet so we eat together.
Pic of our backyard facing the house, so from the wall towards the house.

The last two pics for today will be of my feet.................. okay digest what I just said and hear me out. I can't believe how dirty things get out here, dust is everywhere. We have our home swept and mopped everyday. Before you look at the pictures take into consideration that I was wearing flip-flop all day so I never just walked in the dirt.

Tops of my feet!
Bottom.......... nasty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks amazing and wowwww didn't know you can get Nutella there lol first thing i saw somehow but good on you! love you ttyl -nate

Evan and Mel said...

Nutella was one of the first things I looked for, it is expensive but so worth it!
Love you Nate

Megan Christine said...

Clean is a word. Lmao. Read my blog post titled 'les pieds sâles' (dirty feet): http://meganalardcongo.blogspot.com/2009/06/les-pieds-sales.html

Casey Chappell said...

Just found your blog through a mutual friend.... I can't wait to get to know you more!!! We are adopting from DRC in the coming months. SO... can we be friends?? :) Sounds like God's really giving you a lot of daily grace in your ever changing life and lifestyle there. I'll be praying for you and your family today!! Blessings, Casey Chappell