Sunday, September 4, 2011

Livid with a side of frog

This blog post is a weird mix of topics! Keep that in mind as you read ahead.......... ready?

Since before we moved out to Kinshasa I knew there was a lady from Germany teaching Les Mills programs. I wrote about 20 e-mails to Les Mills in New Zealand asking to buy the copy rights to Les Mills so I could keep teaching while living out here. I was told that Kinshasa is not in the expansion plan for Les Mills at least for another 4 years. I begged and pleaded but NOTHING!
This lady from Germany is teaching the programs without the rights because Les Mills has no recollection of her ( I asked).
Well last week this lady advertised her Les Mills programs all across Kinshasa, saying new releases coming this fall and etc.
I am LIVID....... I actually went about teaching the right way and got shut down and she is going on her marry way undetected to Les Mills and reaping the benefits! I don't even know how she got the new release because I can't!
I have been asked to turn her into Les Mills, I have decided not to because I have heard that she has run 3 or 4 other fitness instructors out of business and I want to keep offering free style class at TASOK which happens to be about 10 mins away from her studio.
Evan's dad is willing to send an e-mail to New Zealand for me copying her advertisement....... I guess we will see where this goes!

Another a completely different note, my children cooked a frog last night during our bon fire. Micah was out catching frogs while Emmanuel, Evan and I were sitting around the fire. After Micah caught one they wanted to find out what would happen if the put the frog in the fire. Well, we wouldn't put an alive frog into the fire because that is plain torture SO Evan smacked it with the blunt end of a machete and then they put it in the fire.
Okay, everyone who thinks we are cruel just calm down! :) It was like science class in our back yard!
The kids got to see the frog get bloated, leak fluids and expel it intestines...... all in all it was a good time!

2 comments:

Mom said...

the frog cooking sounds like a much better time than the lock down and Evan's experience with the police!
There are no shortages of things to pray for!!
i'm so glad you all are alright!
Thanks again for the updates>

Chas said...

I would totally report the chick to Les Mills. It sets the standard for others to basically steal their programs. Plus, if she's running out of instructors out of the business, maybe she needs to get put in her place a little. That stuff bugs me since there's so many of us who try to play by the rules, while others go around breaking the rules and get a little farther down the road.
So funny about the frog. Would you do that in Calgary, not likely :) Try a snake and see what happens :)
Have fun!