Monday, October 24, 2011

The tale of a mango worm

Our family has had its share of staf infections ( even different strains of them), we have gotten so used to treating them we have not gone into the hospital for the last 2. We take care of the disinfecting, cleaning, applying cream, wrapping and squeezing puss at home. Granted we do watch them VERY carefully and at any point we feel they are getting worse instead of better or they are not healing as fast as we like we head into the hospital for antibiotics!

Rewind to last Monday morning, I was brushing Micah's hair and notice a very red bump on the top of her ear. Right away my heart sank ( as good as we have gotten at treating these they are hard to have around and draining to see), I told Micah I would have to clean it and put the cream on. On Tuesday night it wasn't really improving put I did notice that puss had com too the surface. I tried popping it but only clear fluid came out! Wednesday morning when Micah was eating breakfast before school I checked her ear again and notice some "puss" coming out! So I told Micah that I would need to pop it, Micah put down her Nutella sandwich and braced herself ( they are tender). Well 2 squeezes and some tears later a MANGO WORM popped out! Ewwww!
The best part, I showed it to Micah who looked said oh and pick up her sandwich and kept eating!
Nothing fazes my kids!

** Mango worms are very common here, they lay there eggs in your clothes and then transfer onto your skin in moist areas. Yes, I do bath my kids ! :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Micah,that's so sad! but what an amazingly brave girl you are!!!

I love you Tons!
Grandma

Evan and Mel said...

Thanks Mom!
I will pass your message on to Micah! She is very brave!

Love you