Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The fridge saga continues.


Well, our fridge issues continue, the last blog post I did on October 15th we were told our fridge would be returned to us the next day......our fridge arrived 4 days later on the 19th! Unfortunately that is far to common out here! This was the 3rd time our fridge was taken into the shop to be fixed since the kids and I arrived in Kinshasa about 11 weeks ago.
Our fridge has worked properly for 5 days in the last 11 weeks, it is VERY hard to feed your family properly with only a freezer. I like to think I was getting pretty good at it but that doesn't change how incredibly frustrated we are getting.

Back to the point....our fridge was delivered on Saturday, 3 days ago! This last time our fridge was delivered samsung told us that our compressor has burnt out 3 times and it was because our fridge is right beside our stove ( Evan thought this was funny and didn't really believe them). Evan and I rearranged the kitchen in case it was burning out because it was right by the stove. Yesterday ( Monday) I realized that the fridge was feeling not as cold as it should be again.....my heart sank, I couldn't believe that the fridge issues were possibly continuing. Today I opened the freezer to find that all our ice was melted, the bread wasn't frozen anymore and then Chicken was starting to thaw.
:)
Round 4 with the fridge....time to replace it ( I hope)!

New blog posts to come....birthday party, outside renovations as well as an episode of a bum through a glass door!

No comments: